If you are a student at an institution with which the University of Poitiers has signed an exchange program agreement, it is up to you to apply to the International relations office of your home institution which will forward your application to the respondent for international relations of the college or school concerned at the University of Poitiers.

Tuition at the University of Poitiers

Classes are taught in French, except for a few courses. The colleges of the University of Poitiers have opened part or the whole of their courses to international students applying for study within the framework of an exchange program.

You may consult the catalog of diploma courses of the University of Poitiers at http://formations.univ-poitiers.fr

  1. Look for a bachelor’s or master’s degree course by selecting the school or field of study likely to answer your needs.
  2. On a course selection form, click on the Program tab and select a specialized path.
  3. You can then have access to the list of courses taught in the program.

You may also consult the website of the colleges and schools which offer special information for mobility students:


Level B2 of the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR) is required, and it is granted by a certification in French (TCF, DALF) or a certificate issued by the Department of French of the partner institution.

Credits gained

Your term of study at the University of Poitiers will be counted as credit entering your diploma requirements.

Official recognition of the period of study abroad

Your mobility at the University of Poitiers will count towards your diploma. To be validated, your period of study must be based on a study contract signed before you leave for Poitiers by the respondent of your home institution, the University of Poitiers coordinator of the program and yourself.

The validation of the credit gained at Poitiers towards your diploma is incumbent upon your home institution.

The list of grades obtained at the University of Poitiers will be forwarded to you and to your home institution respondent. The grades obtained at the University of Poitiers will have to be transferred while taking into account the ECTS grades (or their equivalent) and the table of equivalence agreed upon with the partner institution.

Requesting accommodation and registration

If you attend a course of study next fall within the framework of an exchange program we are responsible for (Erasmus programs, bilateral agreements, etc.), the Department of International Relations may help you find accommodation to the extent of the potential intake.

In order to be registered, you must fill in a registration form online and an application for accommodation before June 30th, even if you have found accommodation.

  • La vie étudiante continue sur les réseaux sociaux !