If your university has signed with the University of Poitiers an exchange program agreement, it is up to you to apply to the international relations office of your home university, which will forward your application to the person in charge for international relations of the faculty concerned within the University of Poitiers.

Tuition at the University of Poitiers

Classes are taught in French, except for a few courses. The colleges of the University of Poitiers have opened all or part of their courses to international students applying for study as part of an exchange program.

You may consult the catalogue of diploma courses at the University of Poitiers at http://formations.univ-poitiers.fr

  1. Look for a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree course by selecting the school or field of study likely to answer your needs.
  2. On a course selection form, click on the Program tab and select a course.
  3. You can then have access to the list of courses taught in the program.

You may also consult the website of the colleges and schools which offer special information for mobility students:


Level B2 of the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR) is required, and it is granted by a certification in French (TCF, DALF) or a certificate issued by the Department of French of the partner institution.

Academic credits

Your mobility at the University of Poitiers will count towards your diploma. To be validated, your stay of study must be based on a study contract signed before departure by the respondent of your home university, the University of Poitiers respondent and yourself.

The validation of the credit gained at Poitiers towards your diploma is the responsibility of your home university.

The transcript of grades obtained at the University of Poitiers will be forwarded to you and to your home university respondent. The grades obtained at the University of Poitiers will be transferred taking into account the ECTS grades (or their equivalent) and the score grid agreed upon with the partner institution.

Apply for accommodation

If you attend a course of study next fall within the framework of an exchange program we are responsible for (Erasmus programs, bilateral agreements, etc…), the International Relations Office may help you find accommodation, to the extent of the potential intake.

In order to be registered, you must fill in a registration form online and an application for accommodation before November 30th, even if you have found accommodation.

  • La vie étudiante continue sur les réseaux sociaux !