- Physics & engineering science
- Mathematics, information & communication science & technology
- Chemistry, geosciences, biology, ecology
- Biology & Health
- Law and political science
- Human, economic & social sciences.
Research key facts & figures
- 21 Laboratories accredited by the ministry of higher education and research
- 1 Joint Units of Service
- 10 Federations of research
3 labs associated with the national institute of health and medical research (INSERM)
1 joint lab with the national higher school of mechanics and aeronautics (ENSMA) and CNRS
161 PhD theses defended each year
31 Habilitations to supervise PhDs (HDR) awarded each year
A consolidated budget of
- over 32 millions euros for the Université de Poitiers
- over 10 millions euros for the cnrs
13 new national & international patent claims.
- Environmental impact of human activities (green industries and research centre for innovative technology and transport),
- observatories and experimental “water and soil” research,
- Knowledge, society & image (image and interactivity - learning, education and social cohesion - heritage and territories),
- Health (food and health, experimental pre-clinical platform, observatory and platform on human ageing).