Welcoming international researchers
The University of Poitiers International Relations Office obtained the EURAXESS services center label for certain state or private higher education institutions in the Poitou-Charentes Region which host PhD students, postdocs, researchers, professors and visiting international guests. The label was awarded to the University of Poitiers for the IUFM (teacher training college), the ISAE-ENSMA (Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering School), the Institut d'Etudes Politiques, INRA, the Ecole Supérieure de l'image, the inspection académique, CHU, CNRS. The University of La Rochelle is a EURAXESS Local Contact Point.
The Poitou-Charentes EURAXESS service center is the main resource for hosting laboratories and for international researchers.
The service center accompanies visiting researchers and their families before their arrival and also throughout their stay:
The formalities for entry and residence in France
- The hosting agreement [PDF - 31 Ko] is necessary to obtain a scientific researcher visa. After it has been filled out by the host laboratory, the agreement must be transmitted to the EURAXESS service center for signature by the President of the University of Poitiers and by the Prefecture
- The VLSTS (long stay visa in lieu of residence permit),
-Scientific researcher VLSTS
- Residence permit renewal: prefecture form to be completed for all applications
- documents to be provided for scientific researcher status
The researcher can go directly to the EURAXESS services center if he/she requires any assistance for the application.
To facilitate processing of applications, the Poitou-Charentes EURAXESS service center maintains close links with the OFII (Office Français de l'Immigration et de l'Intégration) a reception service for foreigners from outside the European Union and with the prefecture of Poitiers.
- French foreign language courses are available
- Schools for children from kindergarten to high school
- Daily life: opening a bank account, health cover, family allowances, financial taxation, public transport, driver's license etc.
- Tourism and culture: discover the city of Poitiers and the Poitou-Charentes region.
The FnAK (Alfred Kastler Foundation), which is a partner of the EURAXESS network, facilitates the mobility of international researchers in France and offers a visiting scholar card that allows you to benefit from various services, negotiated rates and a mine of practical information. The card is free and is issued by the Poitou-Charentes EURAXESS center.
The EURAXESS Portal provides international researchers and host laboratories with a great deal of information on:
- scientific jobs, how to consult or post job offers, and how to post your curriculum vitae on EURAXESS jobs
- the European Charter with the rights and duties of researchers and the code of conduct for the recruitment of researchers is available online (EURAXESS Rights)
- interactive web services to maintain contacts among international researchers as well as information on career opportunities in the United States, India, China, Japan and Europe on EURAXESS Links
International Relations Office. EURAXESS services center
15 rue de l'Hôtel Dieu
Ph. + 33(0) 5 49 45 42 66